AMEA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The most tagged keywords
Go down
Jason_Pascoe

WALK FOR VALOUR - Sept 11, 2016 Empty WALK FOR VALOUR - Sept 11, 2016

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:41 am
To All

I have been an active supporter of Valour Place since it's inception in 2010, and I have seen this facility built brick by brick. I have also seen the families that have used this facility and been given the foundation that they needed while a loved one underwent medical treatment in Edmonton.

It is my hope that you will pause for minute and give support to this great organisation, and here is why: Many of our brothers and sisters who work in rural and regional Alberta will, at some time, have to come to Edmonton to undertake medical treatment. Whether that treatment is work related or not, Valour Place will support you with accommodation and services FOR FREE. They will provide you with a place that you and your family can stay together and heal together.

If you and your loved ones can help support Valour Place, so that Valour Place can help support our blue families, then please participate in this great event on Sept 11. There will be food, family activities and a strong showing from local RCMP and Enforcement Agencies. I do sincerely hope to see you there.

best regards,

Jason Pascoe
Community Peace Officer
Strathcona County Enforcement Services

VALOUR PLACE MEDIA RELEASE

Valour Place opened in 2012 to give military members, veterans, RCMP and Peace Officers a place to stay while undergoing medical treatment. As the first of its kind in Canada, Edmonton was the right fit not only because of the large population of military personnel but because of its world class health care in rehabilitation, brain injury, spinal cord injury, and amputations.

Since opening Valour Place has been at or near capacity. An endowment fund was established from the start to ensure that Valour Place will never be a burden on the community to continue operations. All money raised from the Walk for Valour will go towards making sure Valour Place can continue to operate for future guests.

“We call it hope away from home.” Says Dennis Erker, chairperson of Valour Place’s board of directors. “At Valour Place you have people with similar situations hurting too. So the home is designed to encourage interaction between our guests. Everyone has a reason for staying there.”

Participants Needed
Organizers are in need of registrations to help support the walk. Anyone can register to participate in the 3 mile or 5 mile walk for $35. Incentives are available for fundraising teams. A pancake breakfast and BBQ lunch are included with each registration. T-shirts are available to those who register on a first come first served basis.

Date:
Sunday, September 11, 2016

Time:
Registration & Pancake breakfast at 8:00 AM
3 mile and 5 mile walks start at 10:00 AM
BBQ Lunch and Family Activities at Valour Place at 12:00 noon

Where:
Walk begins: RCMP K Division 11140 109 St, Edmonton, AB Walk ends: Valour Place 11109 111 Avenue, Edmonton, AB Free Parking Available at K Division

Media Contact: Erin Rayner 780-886-8386 cell erin@edmarketing.ca

https://youtu.be/rcC7FFL_NBA
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum