AMEA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The most tagged keywords
Go down
Jason_Pascoe

$48,500 in monies raised! Empty $48,500 in monies raised!

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:45 pm
That's right $48,500 is the total (approx) monies raised for the 2016 Walk for Valour. This money was raised through corporate sponsorship and the proceeds of the 225 registered walkers. This is a valiant effort and a job well done to all who volunteered there time and effort.

This is the 4th time that this event has been conducted and I am proud to have been there with many Officers from many different agencies from within the region. I would like to personally thank the efforts and presence of Jason Alaeddine (Spruce Grove), Cody Rossing (AACPO Rep / Morinville / Strathcona), Joel McDonald (AACPO Rep / Leduc), Steve Landry (Strathcona) and our partners from CoE Animal Control and Park Rangers. It was because of you that our community footprint became larger and that members of the military and law enforcement community could see us at our very best.

This year I was extremely lucky to take on the role as the walk co-ordinator and I was able to brief our partner agencies (RCMP PCD, AB Sheriffs and EPS traffic units). Because of our presence and our efforts, we truly owned this part of the event Wink and the feedback that I received from RCMP brass was one of thanks and gratitude. Well done to everyone involved.

If you would like to see some pics of the events then follow this link: http://wp.robstewartphoto.com/2016/09/12/walk-for-valour-2016/

The Walk for Valour is a growing event and it is one way that we, as Peace Officers, can directly help our rural and regional brothers and sisters who need to come to Edmonton in times of medical need. A family together heals together and we are apart of that family.

Very soon we will start talking about the 2017 Walk for Valour and it is my hope that we can gather a sponsored team and proudly walk in support of our veterans, RCMP and all first responders.

yours in deep admiration and appreciation,

Jason Pascoe
Strathcona County
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum