AMEA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The most tagged keywords
Go down
ryan berezanski
ryan berezanski

Police Interceptor and Digital Ally Empty Re: Police Interceptor and Digital Ally

Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:49 pm
We had an issue with the camera falling off. I finally took it to a glass supplier. Someone who deals with window installs. They put some type of glue on that keeps that bad boy in place. You can rotate it 360 degrees no issues now.
Dersut

Police Interceptor and Digital Ally Empty Re: Police Interceptor and Digital Ally

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:59 am
Sounds like a problem with the glue that Ford used to put you factory mirror on. It probably was a 1 off thing and even if it is not a new windshield is $250 and the installer can use a good quality glue. Remember you are dealing with an install company that does not deal in Digital Alley so they will try to steer you away from it every opportunity they get.
K. Heerema
K. Heerema

Police Interceptor and Digital Ally Empty Police Interceptor and Digital Ally

Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:46 pm
After a couple months of waiting I have finally dropped of the new vehicle at the up fitters. I just got a call from them explaining that they had installed a digital ally in another Interceptor a short time ago and got a call from the customer stating that the digital ally mirror fell off and ripped out the puck that the mirror attaches to, the puck in turn damaged the windshield to the point that it has to be replaced. Has anyone else heard of this?
I really don't like the options available for alternate mounting options.
I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem or heard of it, I am not looking for "get a different camera system" comments. I am hoping it is a one time thing and I can go ahead and mount the camera as intended.Very Happy 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum